Sunday, March 26, 2006

Post Script

Can you tell I'm excited about having access to a computer :).
I went back to the Rummage Sale today (goodies posted yesterday, so scroll down). It's the first time I've ever attended the second day of an event when everything is half price. I went in expecting empty and lots of junk. I therein learned a powerful lesson:

Don't go into situations, events, relationships, etc with preconceived notions or expectations. You might find yourself thereby disappointed, or you may not be alert enough to notice important details. And that might cost you.

Today I screwed up in that I just ho-humed through things because I really wasn't expecting to find much. I was wrong. Later in line (I found perfect pairs of pants and shorts for work, more books, and some clothing to cut up for fabric) the lady in front of me had a drawing of a seagull that I wish I had seen. That area was the first place I checked, but I didn't really look well. I wanted a large Sullivan cat print that I knew my friend would want for her daughter's room, but some man who had just put it down claimed he wanted it after all. Grrr... but the seagull is still haunting me. Had I had more money on me, I would have offered to buy it off her. Maybe I should have tried anyway. Crap. I don't think she was even hip on it, it's just that it was only $2. Another man in line had a huge wooden chest that I can't believe I didn't see. That would have been perfect for storage. Gack! So now I know better.

1 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

That sounds like so much fun! I need to get out and thrift some more. Glad you are back in the Internet world. We missed you!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home