Thursday, June 08, 2006

Memorable Quotation

"One day while walking them {her puppies} through the woods, I stood and watched them frolic--and I do mean frolic: rolling, tumbling, chasing, laughing (yes, dogs laugh), and leaping like bunnies. They were having so much fun, and seeing them that way made my whole body sigh, relax, and smile. New life discovering a field of grass for the first time: What a wonder! We all get the opportunity to feel wonder every day, but we've been lulled into numbness. Have you ever driven home from work, opened your front door, and asked yourself how you got there?

I know for sure that I don't want to live a shut-down life--desensitized to feeling, seeing and the possibility of experienceing joy on every level...."


Oprah Winfrey, January 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that my dog Hamish is the best therapist I could ever have. Whenever I am stressed (and often when I am not) I go to my parents' place and just sit with him on my lap. He is the calmest dog in the world and my heart rate just drops to the point where, if I wasn't drinking lots of tea and talking to my Mum, I would fall right to sleep. I often find that the best time to go visit my parents and my dog is when I think I am too busy and have too many important things to do and don't have the time for them. Once I am there I often realize that nothing is more important.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home