Saturday, June 03, 2006

Beach Coat Pattern

Still no computer, but I remembered I had some pics on flickr that I haven't posted yet. At least I don't think I posted this. Sorry if it's a repeat.
Beach Coat, 1960
Description reads: Cuffed, camisole-top bathing suit with "little boy" shorts, and open front beach jacket with large flat collar. Bathing suit has back zipper closing, is completely lined, has elastic in legs of lining. Cuff may match or contrast. Jacket has unmounted sleeves; collar, in one with fronts, is faced. Large pockets included in side seams and front facing seams.

This pattern doesn't call to be made with purchased towels, but I think using a beach towel would work out great for the jacket. I love the big pockets. I have a thrifted Duke (the Hawaiian surfer guy) towel that would be perfect for this. So many projects...

I love patterns that use towels. You can check out my flickr set here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grangry said...

I love that jacket! Great in towelling for the beach, but also good in old dyed blanket to wear with jeans!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi there! I love the idea for the jacket from a towel. I have just started a love affair with old patterns. They are so wonderful!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo... I love that top with the folded down cuff!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home