Sunday, May 21, 2006

For the love of owls

Vintage Owl Potholder
My mom has collected owls for years. I never really 'got' it until recently. Perhaps the fact that so many bloggers love birds, and that there are so many wonderful vintage bird fabrics, etcetera....or maybe it's just that owls have come to symbolize my mom. Regardless, I am starting to collect a few owls here and there. I have a few aprons, and some fabrics. I just bought this vintage potholder (or oven mitt, as they say in the UK) for my mom as part of her mother's day gift. Isn't he cute? And what do I see when I look at it? I think neckties of course! That I need recreate this with neckties! As well as this vintage pillow pattern here. This screams neckties to me!
Owl Petal Pillow

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

I also thought necktie when I saw it! it's a cute owl! I used to have a metal owl that I got from my mom to wish me luck in my studies and it worked! now I passed it to my sister :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Check this: http://www.shelterrific.com/2006/05/18/gifts-for-grads-wise-owl-spotting/

10:31 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I am an 'owl-aholic' too, Barb. I have a collection of about 40 tiny ceramic owls that people have given me over the years, as well as other assorted owl shaped things! Whenever there is a documentary on owls on tv I just go stupid, oohing and ahhing!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I totally thought you were going to say you amde that owl mitt from neckties! And the pillow will be super cute. She should definately give it a try.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home