Saturday, May 20, 2006

Look what I'm working on!

Recycled bag mat
Just started this floor mat of recycled bags. Right now I'm just playing around, trying to get comfortable with crochet again (it has been decades since I did this). I've learned that bulges from too heavy weight bags just adds a "folk art" touch (or so I'm telling myself). I went ahead and broke the "rules" and am combining different bag weights. My favorite, surprisingly enough, are the little bags the newspapers come in. After this, I'm going to try a tote using only khaki-colored bags (Cost Plus bags are my favorite ones).

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss RM said...

I love the colours in those bags! I started a recycled bag project myself a few months ago. It was amazing how quickly I ran out of plastic though. Hopefully soon my stash will be replenished.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Oh Barb - you just brought back the best memories.
My grandmother used to make braids from scraps of her house dresses and then sew them together as a mat. Have you seen those types of braided rugs?

I'm sorry I need to answer your email.
Will send one tomorrow. I need to crash.
Have fun!
Love,
Sue D.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home