Monday, May 15, 2006

Sewing Felt

Felt Booklet
Vintage booklet printed in London. No date listed, but I'm assuming 1960's. I'm getting interested in crafting with felt again. When I was a kid, I loved making Chrismas ornaments and potholders out of felt. The Humpty Dumpty on the cover is a pin cushion.

Handkerchief holder
Handerchief case.

Child's Bedside Mat
(click image to enlarge)
At first I thought this was a table runner, but evidently it's a rug. What an odd combination of characters. Gina from Patra's Place and I were just talking about golliwogs (black face characters). That was a term used in Australia and the UK, but one I had not heard in America. Politically incorrect now, but there are many collectors now of (what we in the US call) Black Americana.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I have a generous fat quarter of purple felt, you want it? (I can even give you the other half after my vacation, I am using it as a block roll...)

5:09 AM  
Blogger Miss RM said...

I'm loving that 'Dutch hippie' bunny!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home