Sunday, May 14, 2006

Art Quilt

Mini Art Quilt left side
Mini Art Quilt right side
My first attempt at a "journal quilt" (in two pics because I used my scanner here). This was a class project involving torn strips of fabric, arranged and then hand-stitched. Mine is supposed to be a statement about the disappearing American Dream of buying a home. I was okay with it until I say what my classmates made...then I felt lame with a capital 'L'. Oh well, I'm learning tons, so it's all good. There's a key on there, and a button from Julian that is like a cut log with bark. I was going to stitch some words, but I'm over it. Next!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

wow! i think it's fabulous! where on earth did you find fabric that looks like wood and planks?? how big is it?

2:56 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Thanks Shanna! It's approx 11 x 13. I guess journal quilts are a standard size. I love architectural images, so these fabrics were all in my stash. I also made a stocking for a former boyfriend who was a contractor/carpenter, and I used the wood fabrics. You can see it in my archives.

3:55 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Oops, the link didn't print in my comment. It's Sept 05
http://woofnanny.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_woofnanny_archive.html
I don't know how to do permalinks (someone please tell me!) so you'll have to scroll down to see the stocking.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're being so harsh on yourself. Stop that. The fabrics you used are rich, either in color, texture or print. I like my architecture complex and old (like me)so I found this quilt especially appearling.

12:09 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I think it is cool! You can't be comparing your stuff to that of others otherwise you will become paralyzed! (When I have space...) I like to Scrapbook, but my stuff is not near as nice as anything I seen done by others... Same with my quilts... I just have to go to a quilt show to see that! But I keep pluggin away!

Ayhoo my comment before I read the post was that I love the way you outlined the chair!

& on the dieing American Dream - I hear ya! I must be the only person who wants the market to drop... (I also want people to forclose!) Sorry, but us scavengers need a break!

4:38 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

barb... this is amazing!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

this is really mazing! great job!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home