Friday, May 12, 2006

Photo Friday

Tijuana 1943
Tijuana 1943.
How amazing is this? I was digging through a box of my mom's photos, and came across this, still pasted down on black paper in an old album. This is a few months after my parents were married. From the left, my dad on the donkey, my aunt Mary who is now 91 and has lived in Mexico for over two decades. My dad's Mom, Novella (in the scarf), her sister Marion (such a nice lady), and my mom. My parents met in high school. They married when she was 17, and he was 21. I guess that wasn't so unusual then. They had three boys, then when those boys were teenagers they had me. My mom says there is another photo taken the same day, where she is astride the donkey, but I haven't come across that one yet.

My apologies for the incorrect pic up earlier. I tried again to reload Picasa, and the correct pic WAS up when I closed my computer...then they pulled a switch-a-roo. So aggravating. I have tried and tried to get Picasa out of a corrupt state (unistalled, reinstalled...)yet still the problems persist. According to the forum, I am not the only one having issues. You'd think Google would put more effort into getting it right. Anyway, thanks to Flickr, here's the pic. You can click on it for a bigger image if you want. That's the one thing about Flickr I don't like--the pics are just too small on the page.

I am having fun looking through old photos and sharing them with you. I have decided to participate in Photo Booth Friday, even though most of the photos I share will not be booth shots.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

i don't see the pic you're talking about. i just see one of a field and trees...hmmm...

11:09 AM  
Blogger Billie said...

Oh, I love old photos! My cousin and I can sit for days and reminice over old family photos. Thanks for sharing yours. Some day I'll post some of mine.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

wow! that's a fantastic photo!! your mother is gorgeous!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

AWESOME picture. Classic! How great of a name is Novella?

4:02 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

oh yes, LOVE this-- you know, I collect vintage found photos and have a couple of these kinds of shots. but you have one of family! how great is that! this is classic.

and so glad you have decided to participate in photobooth fridays! hooray!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home