Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Share a Past Project Thursday

It's Wednesday night, but I'm going to go ahead and post this now since I work tomorrow morning. Besides, it will be Thursday by the time most of you read it anyway. It's already Thursday a lot of places. Project: Glue-decorated frame.
glue frame
Photo of my friend Wayne and myself at the employee holiday party a few years ago (2001?). I had a temporary color on my hair, and really liked it darker. I decorated an inexpensive flat frame by drawing shapes on the front and sides with white glue (more difficult than one would think. You should be able to make out a few hearts and the sun at the top middle area. But doodles are fine too). After all the sides were dry, I painted it black. When the paint was dry, I rubbed it with gold paste to highlight the shapes, and give it a metal solder effect. A fun item that makes a great gift or even a craft a kid can do at a party. You can seal it if you want to, or add other embellishments like charms or stones or whatever you like. Note any glue tip can be made more fine by setting a piece of clear tape at a diagonal to the tip and rolling it...making a funnel shape for the glue to dribble through. This entire craft I learned from Aleene's Creative Living--I wish that show was still on television.
glue frame side
One side of the frame--sort of graffiti-esque.

Rebecca rocks--she's got her knitting posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Nice! I never would have guessed that was glue! I put a piece of fair isle knitting I did a few years ago. :) Great pic, too! I love the haircolor!

10:01 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

barb! you look really hot in this pic! yowza!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home