Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Honey, do you need a valium?

Apron booklet
I think Threadbared has the right idea--sometimes you've got to pick up vintage patterns and booklets just for the illustrations or photographs. Like this creepy lady with the Stepford stare and dishpan hands.

Post script: When I was in my early 20's, I worked for a pharmacy and drove all over San Diego delivering meds to convalescent hospitals, rehab places, psych wards, all the lovely stuff. I'm anti-drug anyway, but when you repeatedly see nurses issue the title line here, and act as if drugs are some sort of panacea...it's really repulsive. When a guy in a rehab center tried to jump me at one delivery, I called it quits. I don't know how doctors and nurses manage. I was in Urgent Care recently, and there was a woman in there whining and complaining--it was her way to gain attention. That would just drive me nuts.

4 Comments:

Blogger majamom said...

hi,
i know you love animals
come on by and see who is visiting our tree

=)

MB in JT

10:41 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

looks like she's on something...buldging veins in her man-hands!! eww!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Oh I thought she was a mannequin!
Stepford Wife - ah, YEAH!

4:41 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

That whiney stuff drives me nuts too!

Maybe she is trying for demure....

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home