Friday, May 05, 2006

Novelty Neckties

Novelty Neckties
I adore novelty fabrics, and because I use neckties as fabric, it then follows that I love novelty designs on neckties. Finding these just makes the breath stop in my throat. I live for that feeling. Paintbrush tie I just found today at a thrift store. It is by Stringbean. Not sure how old it might be. The frosty is a handpainted design that I also found at a thrift store (for one dollar!). Was is part of a uniform? How do I clean it? I'm thinking drycleaning might melt the paint, I don't know.

Peek-a-boo Necktie
Some very collectible neckties are known as peek-a-boo, where pin-ups are hidden on the underside. This one is signed and handpainted. Ebay purchase.

4 Comments:

Blogger LouAnne said...

Barb: I can't believe the ties you find! Those are great. I've never seen the likes around here. Pretty boring men must live in my area! Stripes, stripes & more stripes with an occasional Mickey Mouse mixed in. But the quest is part of the fun, no?

10:26 PM  
Blogger kt said...

Barb, please come see me!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Cool ties! and I was just saying to myself: WHERE did you find the last one? I have to make the leap over to ebay...do you have to use PayPal?
I don't like using PayPal...
My husband loves skinny vintage ties...
I have NEVER heard of the peekaboo tie - what a great find!
I'm going to NYC next month - I need to find some good vintage shops.
Take care,
Sue D.

10:10 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

you are not going to believe this ...i am wanting to make a handpainted tie for a friend of mine and he requested a peek-a -boo tie...i didn't know what one was and he told me, then here you are posting one...very interesting....

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home