Saturday, April 29, 2006

Goodies in the Mail!!!!

Mail is just about the best thing ever. Heather sent me these goodies yesterday--neckties for my sewing stash!. Inspiration. A 'just because', a 'thinking of you'. I mean, how incredible is that?! It's really special to know someone thought of me.
Neckties from Heather
These babies will go into a future project. I'm thinking of doing a quilt with burgundy, so maybe this will give me the boost to get started.

More ties from Heather
And the ninja! I love novelty stuff like that. I am going to combine this with some other super heroes and cartoon character neckties, and make a tote bag.

Heather also sent adorable retro Sugar Crisp cereal notecards, but my computer was over uploading for me and shut itself off. She wrapped everything in multi-colored polka dot tissue paper that looks a lot like Amy Butler designs. I love retro stuff too, and the cards will get used because I honestly do write real old-fashioned letters. Thank you Heather.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, this reminds me - one of the first vintage ties I ever bought was a burgandy velveteen one I purchased for 75 cents. I can't imagine what happened to it - perhaps you'll come across it in your journeys.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could give me some ideas; my father-in-law just passed away. He had a decent collection of neckties. I wanted to make something for his 7 sons and 1 daughter from them. Don't want to change the fact they're his neckties. Something in a frame maybe with some sort of a memorial. Any ideas?

2:23 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Dear Anonymous: I'd be more than happy to give you ideas, but blogger doesn't tell me your email address, so I have no way of contacting you. Please email me at barbian7@yahoo.com, and let me know your craft/sewing skills and how many ties you will be using, and I'll see what I can think of. Using neckties to memorialize someone is both cathartic and thoughtful.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg you have a ninja turtle tie! i am in love with the turtles and have looked everywhere for a ninja turtle tie, because i collect ties too. my friend who was recently in a car accident and killed... started me on owning ninja turtle collectables... if you know of anywhere to get another one, or want to sell that one please let me know! Cutiepie0807@aol.com

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home