Thursday, April 27, 2006

SAPP Thursday

Yeah, I know, I need a better name. SAPP, for Share A Past Project on Thursday. Email me the link to your post, and I'll acknowledge it here, like Andrea does for Photobooth Friday.
Crocheted ducks
(you can click on image to enlarge)

Amy recently posted about past projects and where we all began. One of the tenets of blogging is a sharing, a revealing, a getting-to-know-one-another philosophy. Sharing a past project is one small token toward sharing parts of ourselves.

This is my first and only attempt at filet crochet. I have it lying atop a piece of yellow fabric just so you can see it better. It is four ducks across, 4" high and 15" long. I found it insanely tedious. I made this back in the 80's sometime, and I've never known what to do with it. It would look cute as a bodice on a little girl's dress, but I never did have kids, so it sits at the bottom of my sewing box in a ziploc bag

6 Comments:

Blogger ....!!.... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see it as a veil for a hat. To protect you from the sun, all very 'Out of Africa'-ish. But then it's almost 1AM and I'm not thinking too clearly.

12:55 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Wow - sure does look like it was tedious to make... But nice... You could do a crazy quilt and attach it... I think it would look good over velvet.

4:25 AM  
Blogger LouAnne said...

How about laying it over a pillow. I like the way it looks over the yellow and lace like this is fun to use to dress up plain, inexpensive pillows.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Darling! I've always wanted to try filet but haven't yet. I like the pillow idea. Since it is now Friday I was too late for a past project thursday! :(

11:30 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I loved the SAPP idea and posted on my NYCegirlknits blog today. :) http://nycegirlknits.blogspot.com/ Thanks!! Can't wait to see more of your past projects.

cheers!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home