Thursday, April 20, 2006

Add to the list of 'to do', 'to learn', future UFO

I've been plagued with headaches lately. If you count my chiropractor, I've been to five doctor visits in one week. No diagnosis yet, but walking around feeling like you're balancing a bowling ball isn't the best ingredient for the creative process.

I haven't sewn squat.

I went to the hippie co-op under my chiro's orders to start taking several vitamins, and on impulse purchased a magazine called Natural Home & Garden. I think my number one passion is with 'green' design (environmentally conscious building materials, including fabrics).

Anyway, imagine my pleasant surprise to find this little tidbit. A bowl/basket made from neckties! Like I said, the headaches have kept me from showing my own version yet, but I really like the idea of a cat bed. I know it's against copyright law or something to post these things, but I figure I'm basically giving an advertisement for their magazine, so why should anyone complain? Just sayin'.

  Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your headache! My hubby is plagued with migraines--hope yours goes away soon.

The basket is SOOOO beautiful! I think I want to try one, and will look forward to seeing yours when you get a chance to show it.

Feel better!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

I had headaches galore when I moved to Taipei a few months back. I think it was due to lack of sleep/the time change.
Do you sleep well?
Lots of water may help too.
Sorry to hear about them - hope you feel better soon!
(I replied to your comments on my blog. Thanks so much for visiting! I hope we can hook up in San Diego).

1:24 AM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Oh I forgot - thanks for linking me!
I'll link ya back! :)

1:26 AM  
Blogger jmswilfong said...

Depending on the pollen count in your area, it could be allergies. This year i've had more headaches than ever (minus that i am pregnant) due to the incredibly high pollen count this year. check out www.pollen.com
cold compresses work wonders (lavender actually made my headaches crazy awful).

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I get overpowered by headaches, this works:

Message temples
Listen to Billie Holiday

Feel better soon, my dear.

4:30 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

jmswilfong: I think you may be right. I think allergies may have something to do with this. I'm so tired of being so tired.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

oh yeah allergies! duh! I've got 'em too...hope you are feeling better!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hope the headaches are gone .I was offline for 3 days last week with headaches too. We were having a big change in the weather from wet and humid to drying winds, I think the barometric pressure factors in . More ties >>>>> must find more ties!!! You are a tie idea magnet . This one is great. My son was tossing out his old sleeping bag and my fat cat decided it's his now. I've noticed that it is so much easier to get the hair off. I bet this bed would be easy to clean too. I really need to get the sleeping bag out of my living room. Tomorrow's my thrift day. maybe I'll get lucky. I wonder how many I will need to make a bed for my super sized kitty?

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home