Monday, April 17, 2006

Yarr, it's a party, mate.

 
One of my ex-roommates is having a party for her son with an 'under the sea' theme. I found this cute book at the library to give her more ideas. His party last year was actually pirates, but it's still applicable. Posted by Picasa

 
How fun are these?! Fruit juice popsicles with cookie cutter-cut shapes of cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, or whatever other fruit you'd like to use. The book says these are "Titanic Treats...let's sink a few of these jiggling icebergs". Posted by Picasa

 
"Shipmates' Snacks...we'll have a whale of a time!" Posted by Picasa

Other ideas for the party include:
*Fishing game with a magnet at the end of the pole, and the kids can fish for prizes.
*Freeze sea creature-shaped gummis or fruit snacks in ice cube trays, then add the ice to blue punch.
*Or add the gummis to blue-colored jello.
*Serve goldfish crackers and other snacks in sand pails, or make a sand pail cake.
*Hang crepe paper streamers from the ceiling or a doorway, and clear balloons (bubbles) for the kids to walk through the sea. Add cardboard cut-out seaweed.

any other ideas I can pass along?

2 Comments:

Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Gosh, that book is adorable! I love the skull and crossbones with cheese LOL

My mom used to do things with a nautical theme, I remember she made an ice mold for punch and froze real seashells and things in the ice ring.

6:28 PM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

i really liked the idea of the streamers and bubbles. I'm sure you have already thought of it but doing a treasure hunt would be cool and have eye patches for everyone to wear.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home