Sunday, April 30, 2006

Patterns all around us

Whip-up has an ongoing theme of inspiration being all around us in everyday things. For as long as I can remember, I am the one constantly photographing things, clipping pics from newspapers and magazines, sketching and scribbling notes everywhere...
Artists need a lot of storage :)
Like this pineapple taken off the side of a fruit crate box. Wouldn't it make a wonderful quilting block pattern or applique pattern? Crochet pattern? Pincushion? Even a softie pattern? Shoot, maybe even a rug?
Pineapple pattern

Stained-glass window with ship imagery, in a house I recently stayed. This would make a wonderful applique or embroidery pattern.
ship window

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK, Barb whenya startin'?

8:51 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Lol. I need to get your email address, Miss Eagle. Now that you mention it, the pincushion challenge this month is fruit. Hmmm. I had planned something else, but maybe this is a better option. I feel overwhelmed with project right now!

9:12 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I'm loving that pineapple!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Sometimes I think the most beautiful things are the things that lay unnoticed around us. I thought that pineapple was a print on cloth until I read the post!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home