Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thrift Score

Thrift store score
I've been obsessed with thrift stores lately. It's cutting in on my abiltity to pay bills, so I'm trying to cut back a bit.
Yeah, right.
I decided to stop by one on my way home, and look what I found. At first I thought $3.99 was a bit steep--by thrift standards, that's high for a necktie. But I really liked the bird and fruit print and the unusual color, so I figured I'd get it anyway. It wasn't until I sat it down to look through some clothing that I saw the tag. HERMES. Whoa. I may have to put this one on ebay, I haven't decided yet. The metal seashell chain belt I initially picked up for mosaics (I could never use it for its intended purpose. No matter how skinny I could get, I will never have an hourglass waist. I do have a pretty nice rack though, so I guess it's all a trade off. Just sayin'). I think I may instead use it across a door like a door harp, or even as a curtain tie-back. I'm not sure yet. Fun finds though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That belt has, as they say, plenty of scope. Providing the little shell doo dads aren't too heavy, you can make a wicked pair of earrings from them. Or a necklace? A brooch? Or use the charms to decorate a choker (well -they're probably too big). Bottomline: DISMANTLE that belt!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of using the belt as a curtain tie-back. What a great idea. :)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home