Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Fabric Postcard Gift

The most amazing thing about blogging is finding people with whom you share interests, where you can gain inspiration, where you can bounce ideas....and in the midst of that find some new friends. People who don't blog don't understand how meaningful relationships can become even though they are "cyber". People who don't blog think those friendships don't count...they're not 'real'.

The fact, however, is that while many acquaintances are made, there are a couple of people with whom (well, I'll just speak for myself here versus in generalizations) I have felt a connection...a feeling of knowing them for years...knowing they would indeed, if we lived near to one another, would become 'real' friends. For me, one of those connections is with Sandra at Croque-Choux, and the only reason we aren't hanging out laughing together or creating together is because I live in California and she lives in Paris. I love her fabric collages. She does a lot of Artist Trading Cards (ATC's). I posted this one of hers back in November (because I was so moved by it), and she wrote to me and offered to send me a gift.

Today I received this fabric postcard.
fabric postcard
(click on the image to see the detail)
Sincerely (I am not just saying this to suck up or be polite) SINCERELY this is one of the most amazing things I have ever received. She must have a sixth sense, or a psychology degree or something, because she couldn't have chosen anything more appropriate. I am all about natural elements and color. Sunshine, and butterfly symbolism, and the written word. It's so perfect. The back is also fabric, and has an inked message and two lovely stamps from France.
Thank you so much, Sandra. I love it.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Very nice! I just made my first fabric post card for the Project Spectrum post card swap! (I'll post it later today - hoping that it made it to NC by now so as not to spoil the suprise.)

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you read the Griffin and Sabine trilogy by Nick Bantock? You must, if you haven't already - the handmade postcards and letters are staggering.

5:04 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Yes Mel, I love those books. Love. I'll have to reread them.

6:00 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh, and Sandra, let me think...hmmm....Paris, coffee, croissants....
My God I have to figure out how to get over there :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's beautiful gift ,such a lovely sentiment. When I see exchanges like this it only confirms that women world wide are using the internet to it's highest potential, building friendships,learning from one another and making the world a much smaller and more peacful place.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Oh this is so nice! And nowadays receiving a personal letter or postcard and made just for you is so special! It's beautiful.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Barb, this stuff is inspirational. Don't mean to sound dumb - but how is the printed quote done? Do you know?

2:46 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

She printed the quote on a clear tape. One option is to print on twill tape. Print out whatever you want to say on your computer, and on the printed paper place double stick tape. Stick down the twill tape over the double stick tape. Put the paper back in your printer and reprint. The words are now on your tape. Then I guess you iron to set the ink. Pretty cool, huh? I just learned that in my quilting class. Now use the tape in your project. You can put organza over it for color or dimension.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home