Sunday, July 09, 2006

Silver shapes

silver
These are charms that I made myself! I took a jewelry class yesterday at the Shepherdess, involving stamping words onto metal. I freehand drew shapes onto a sheet of sterling silver, cut them out with a jeweler's saw, then oxidized them with liver of sulphur. (click on the photo to enlarge)

These are going to hang from a small quilt I'm making that has a vintage seaside theme. The wave shape has an interior cut, and is stamped 'surf'. The starfish says 'sea'. Both were texturized with a hammer and bent. I may end up making a seahorse also, but this is a tedious process. Fun though!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Barb, these are just beautiful. Would love to see the seahorse. I love sea horses and they have a wonderful set up - fathers have the babies!

7:57 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

NICE, once again, I would have guessed that those were purchased!

maybe your calling is in making stuff to sell... (not the easiest thing to do, but...)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Barb,

Thanks so much for the mention, and for posting pictures of some of our goodies! Glad you found the site. =)

10:02 PM  
Blogger carrster said...

Thos are beautiful! Nice work.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. These are beautiful. I came across your blog and thought, wow, this woman has a lot in common with me.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home