Friday, August 18, 2006

Photo Friday

Wow, Friday again already. I had an old photobooth pic of my mom, but I have misplaced it. Eek. So here's a non-booth but very special old photo of me and my grandmother (my mom's mom). (click on photo to enlarge)
Nanny and Me

This is one of my favorite childhood photos. It's filled with sweetness, gentleness, goodness..
Even now my eyes well with tears at the innocence lost.
I was at the San Diego Zoo with my beloved 'Nanny'. It has been 32 years since she passed away, and still my love for her is powerful. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her terribly.

3 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

This picture is beautiful, and I love the words you've chosen to honor her with.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Boy!! My eyes were tearing up just reading your beautiful post! Lovely picture!

9:32 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

What a great photo. If you had a "current" photo fromt he zoo - you can call your post "Deja Zoo." Yes, I crack myself up!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home