Saturday, September 30, 2006

Southern Food Fun

I went to a little girl's birthday party today. It was held in a park, where the girls wore princess dresses and ran around. Then Cinderella came and sang them songs and read them stories. Following that was the cake and the song and the pinata...all the typical party stuff...but what really got to me was the FOOD! My friend Jen is from the south, and everything she cooks is fantastic. It's really cool to see how southern cooking differs though, and today was a perfect example.

She had hot dogs with a chili topping (no beans), then slaw on top of that. Slaw ON the dog! Who knew?! I know, it sounds strange, but the flavors offset each other beautifully. Hot, spicy chili and cold, tangy slaw. To die for! I'm not sure I ever want a hotdog any other way again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

Oooo, sounds delish!

Awww... no more princess parties around here. ::sniff::

8:40 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Oh yes. Down in Jackson, TN (or anywhere near memphis I suppose!) they serve barbeque pork with slaw on a bun. Best BBQ in the world. YUMMMM.
Your blog is fun!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sometimes put slaw on the bbq in Nashville too. :-) And in Kentucky they even put it on their burgers.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home