Sunday, October 08, 2006

More Festival Fun

Pacific Island Festival
You can find fabric in the most unexpected places. Here, rolls of luscious Hawaiian fabrics at one of the booths at the Pacific Island Festival. I loooove me some street fairs, that's for sure.

This annual event celebrates places like Guam, Samoa, etc and includes their yummy food (lumpia, banana fritters....ummmmm), exhibitions of their traditional songs and dancing, and of course plenty of good trinkety stuff to buy. This year I only came home with a wooden turtle magnet and a dishtowel, but usually I buy jewelry, decals, and fabric. I was seriously eyeing that white-on-white print, but in the end decided against it. Without a definite project in mind, I wasn't sure how much I needed to buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home