Friday, October 06, 2006

Freebie Fun and live music...and meeting my first fellow blogger!

There's not too much better than some good live music AND a bunch of vendors to buy junk from.
Especially when it's free to get in the place. In this case, several street blocks.
Yep, kettle corn, funnel cakes, and a rotation of four stages every hour.
I went to the annual Adams Avenue Street Fair at the end of last month. This event is billed as the largest free two-day music event in Southern California.
I treated myself to viewing an amazing kick-ass local band called Get Back Loretta.
Get Back Loretta

And a Johnny Cash tribute band who was also rocking, called Cash'd Out.
Cash'd Out
(yeah, I know it's a crappy pic of the band, but isn't that elbow tat fun?!)

It was fun stepping in and out of stores along the street route also, including a discount fabric store housed in an old movie theatre! I even found colored but still see-thru vinyl there (very exciting for me!).

Even though I have three brothers, they are so much older that I basically consider myself an only child. So I'm used to going to events by myself. I gotta tell ya though--not dating is getting old. I am really ready to find my soulmate. More than ready.

In the meantime, however, I aim to keep busy, and that includes meeting new friends. The pics didn't turn out, but I hooked up with Sue of Sue's Joy, a fellow music lover, to see Jose Gonzalez at the Casbah last Wednesday. It was as if I'd known her forever! Unfortunately, she and her husband and daughter head back to Taiwan in February. Maybe it will give me an excuse to visit a new place in the world!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

Sounds like it was supah fun! I love Adams Avenue. My grandparents live in North Park, so that whole area reminds me of my childhood.
(and I know what you mean about growing up an only child - my siblings are 10 & 12 years older.)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

It did feel like we've always known eachother.
Let's get together soon!
Take care,
Sue

PS great post, btw!
I need to put up my John Doe pics...

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home