Thursday, February 08, 2007

I heart the Sea World Tower

sea world tower
"Moonlight over Mission Bay".
this photo was taken from the Hyatt Hotel
WRSA official photograph, used with permission

The lights on the Sea World tower hold some kind of magic for me.
They calm me. Make me thankful to live here.

At Christmas time, the lights are white...like a tree.
At other times of the year, especially around Independence Day, they are red-white-and blue.

Many years ago, a girl I knew tried to commit suicide. In a card to her, I enumerated ten things worth living for.
This made the list.

The irony is that I don't even like Sea World (I would explain in detail, but why destroy the moment?).

But the tower...I so love the lights on the tower.

I guess they have recently scaled back on when the 'tree' is lit, and this saddens me greatly. I love the lights--leave them ON!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Sea World issues? Definately fodder for another post...

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on an unrelated subject..I have been enjoying your blog for quite a while and have a question..being a "woof nanny" i thought you might know of a way to help with doggie foot odor..its been so cold here { upstste NY }that I hesitate to give Sam a bath..I wondered if you knew of some wash or somethinthat might help..thanks in advance..Del

7:39 AM  
Blogger Vallen said...

San Diego is beautiful all ht etime but under that full moon and with the lights...lucky you to live there.

9:00 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Hi Del. I hope you come back here to check for my response, because I don't have your email address. Hmmm, that's a new one for me, so I did a google search and came up with this and this
Not sure if that will help. I'd give the vet a call :). Thanks for reading my blog!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home