Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tortellini with artichoke hearts

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm one of those people who writes notes on little pieces of paper...and then I can never find what I need.
So one of the greatest aspects of having a blog is that I can list favorite links and have a holding place where I know I can always find places to shop, etc.

And yummy recipes.

I found this simple pasta dish on (once again) Poco Cocoa.
I left the olives out just like she did. I am definitely not into olives.
This is so quick and easy, because it's hot pasta with fresh uncooked items. Surprisingly tasty.
If you don't want that much tang, well, leave the vinegar out.
This is just a starting point. I didn't blanch the tomatoes, I used raw ones.
It was fine.

A similiar version (with a few variations) is here.

Tortellini, Tomato and Basil Salad

1 pound cheese tortellini or ravioli
2 pounds ripe tomatoes
1 (6-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and halved
1 bunch basil, the leaves torn into pieces
3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Red wine vinegar

Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the ravioli. Blanch the tomatoes for 15 seconds, then scoop them out. Peel, seed, and chop them into large pieces. Put the tomatoes and artichokes in a large bowl with the basil, capers, and oil.

Salt the pasta water. Add the tortellini, cook until done, and drain well. Add them to the bowl and toss gently with a rubber spatula. Taste for salt, season with pepper, and sprinkle with vinegar to taste. Serve warm or tepid.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Source: Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

Barb, that sounds yummy! Right up my alley.. except I would add the olives. :)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home