Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pop!

There's something magical about party crackers. They just never get old--they are suitable for kids or grandparents.

Jen of The Felt Mouse mailed out New Year crackers (in a mailing tube even!), for a fun and festive alternative to Christmas cards.
I think crackers may have originally been more of a British custom that has recently been adopted here in America.
Not Martha offers a tutorial if you'd like to make your own.

Jen made hers in a green striped/polka dot paper. Check out the goodies!
(image from her blog. Read about it here)


I was so excited to open this, and I love what she included inside. It's so lovely, so totally Jen.

I seem to have lost my feather. That's not like breaking a mirror...is it?


Thank you so much!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I LOVE this idea for next year! Although I'm just thinking my cost would be pretty substantial to send one out to each of the 162 people on my Christmas card list!

11:12 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

MMomma: I know, it's a great idea. The postage alone was (if I remember correctly) $1.62 and she's not that far from me! Ouch. But it would be a cute idea for your most treasured friends or family members, or a fun party favor. It's just so festive! Another fun idea is the gifts in bottles I send out. If you didn't see it, my post is here.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Yeah! Happy (belated) New Year! I'll have to resend the feather with your swap package - can't be without that for the year!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a fantastic idea!
i love that each treasure represents something. how fun.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home