1 Italian bread shell (boboli)
Ricotta cheese (the recipe calls for 16oz, but I think 8oz is plenty)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-1/2 cups fresh spinach (this is going to be a huge heap..it's okay. It shrinks down to just the right amount)
2 teaspoons crushed oregano
2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese (for God's sake, use the whole milk version. Once you've tasted it, the low fat type tastes like plastic)
1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips (see how-to at end)
1/2 cup sliced black olives (I don't like olives, so I substitute sauteed mushrooms)
1/2 cup (2 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place bread shell on baking sheet.
3. In bowl combine ricotta and garlic. Spread over bread shell.
4. Sprinkle with spinach and oregano (sprinkle? Mound is a better word)
5. Top with mozzarella, roasted pepper, olives and Parmesan (it's going to be tricky, but you can do it)
6. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired.
To roast bell peppers:
Broil whole peppers until charred on all sides (keep watching and turning). Place blackened peppers in a large resealable bag for 5 minutes. When cool, peel off the black skin. Remove seeds. Cut peppers into thin strips.
possible additions to the toppings:
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup fresh pesto