Friday, January 19, 2007

Me? Weird? Nah....

Would that I could find my photobooth pics to post...but they continue to be MIA.

Instead, Finny has tagged me for the 6 Weird Things About You meme. .

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog

Initially I couldn't really think of anything. I don't feel like I have any really quirky habits or anything. I'm sure my friends would beg to differ, haha, but I couldn't think of any. So this is what I came up with:

1) I love pomegranates, but I don't chew the seeds. I squish the seeds between my fingers and suck out the juice. My fingers get stained red, and I have to wear a bib for all the squirting redness. The only time I will chew the seeds is when I make Christmas Eve salad. Yeah, I know...
but it's how I ate them as a kid, and the method still stands.

2) I cannot stand the sound of paper being folded by someone else. That scratch across it just sends chills. Yeah, I know...

3) I am considered the ultimate perfectionist at work (in a cash vault). Money has to be faced and in perfect condition or I send it back to the bank. My nickname is "bad bill Barb". All my paperwork has to be meticulous. This goes for my sewing also. Order in my personal space though...forget it. I suck. I can never find anything.

4) I cuss like a sailor. Or Keira Knightly. Whichever (or I guess I should say whomever) you prefer.

5) I occasionally apply make-up while driving, though not quite as often as I used to.

6) I will not eat fish or anything even remotely like fish. I won't use a pan again if fish has touched it. I won't even be polite and eat it if served at someone else's house. My dad was a fisherman when I was a kid, and seeing all those gunny sacks filled just left some psychological damage. My brothers chasing me with crawdads didn't help either. This was already written on my 100 Things page, but I couldn't think of anything else. I guess I could say that I absolutely cannot stand it when men walk around without a shirt on (unless it's at the beach. As in ON the beach), but this is more a pet peeve than something weird about me.

Tagged: (but anyone feel free to join in)
Laura
Amy
Sue
Catrina
Mary Ann
Melinda

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I totally agree w/ you on #6. And sushi? FORGET IT.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Hi Barb!
I commented back at ya on my blog.
I think about you often!
Ok I will think about this and post something soon!!
I may have about a hundred though LOL!
xx

11:48 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I replied! (I love fish - especially Sushi!)

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Barb!
I'm the same way with my money...all in perfect faced order :) I just posted my meme answers on my site. Gosh, I really did and/or do some pretty weird things :) Hope you're having a great weekend so far.

Take Care,
Catrina

12:49 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

Ok... read them all! Sorry you had to suffer through my "I should try and make up for all the comments I missed leaving" experiment!

:)

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B-
I've never been tagged before. Does this mean we're going steady?

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home