Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Where can you find Japanese books?

A few of you have commented that you'd like to find the Japanese Craft Book I've recently posted.
Normally I would email you back directly, but your comments do not always include your email addresses, even if you filled in the information.

Japanese craft books must be purchased through online bookstores like Amazon Japan, your local Japanese bookstore (if you are lucky enough to have one), or a site like ebay.
I use ebay, AND I have a local bookstore.

Excellent resources can be located through the site Crafting Japanese. (click on that...it's a link to the site for those of you who don't know)
There is also a crafting Japanese group on flickr that can help you translate a pattern. Remember, these books are written in Japanese, but often times diagrams are included that help you figure out how to make a particular item.
Good luck! These are the creme de la creme of the craft world!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the images from these books but I just can't seem to bring myself to buy a book that's written in a language I can't read!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment . You can ofcourse send in your entry. Follow the instrustions given on my blog . Click on the "Click here" text on the top right panel and you will get all the info. Mail me the details soon

Take care
Justin

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know if there are any fiber artists or collage artists that you know of doing good work who would consider an interview/showcase of their work?

2:23 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Thanks fo rthe info - especially on teh flickr group... I had been to the other site & dutifully jotted down ISBN numbers, but that is as far as I got... (I still need to see if I can get them via interlibrary loan.... Heck, I need to rejot the numbers.)

5:02 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Yesasia.com is my favorite resource. The books are priced slightly higher than on Amazon.jp, but the shipping is free on orders over 25.00, which really makes up for it. They also don't have quite as large a selection as Amazon.jp, but I have been happy with what I have been able to find.

As far as not reading Japanese as another poster noted, the diagrams are so well illustrated that it's pretty easy to figure out what you are supposed to do. It does help to have some basic sewing knowledge.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home