Monday, March 26, 2007

Links about Aprons

I love research. If I could find a job where this was appreciated, I'd be in high Heaven.

I was looking for some information for a freelance submission, and in my search I came across some things I thought might make interesting links for the Tie One On website.
So, just for fun, I forwarded them to Angry Chicken (who runs that site), and also to my friend Jen.
Jen wrote back and suggested I share them here.

free apron pattern

And another free pattern, this one to knit a bib apron.

designer (from Project Runway) apron

Ha! Apron-shaped cake!

whoa, beautiful chenille apron from Calamity Kim.

mag articles
here
here
here
here
and here , some history of aprons.

apron blog, Amelia's aprons.

not all aprons, but fun site, Jane's aprons.

kid's projects
gardening apron to decorate
handprint apron
towel apron

apron from jeans


dishtowel apron tute

Dutch aprons

Apron Swap
(over for Spring, but hopefully there will be others)

artwork: painted apron (scroll down)

to buy:
here
here
here
here
and here

The January/February edition of Belle Armoire Magazine had art aprons (scroll down to see pic). Lovely.
These were made by artist Jacqueline Myers-Cho.
She sells her designs on etsy, and also has things like kits available.

*Post script: there has been an unfortunate thread cycling through blogland recently about bloggers who post products in order to get a dollar return.
This has brought the character of some posts by bloggers into question.
I find this terribly sad.

I WANT to read about products you enjoy, sites you enjoy, inspirational magazines, etc.
Does everything have to be questioned? Sheesh.

I post ideas and inspiration because I think that is what blogging is all about.

I assure you I do not blog for profit. If I did, I'd tell you.
Yeah, I (openly) link to Amazon on my book blog. So? Does it hurt anyone? But all the other mentions to stores, blogs, etc are for FUN.

I think we ought to just trust one another and be done with all the questioning of motive already.
That's my two cents.

**PSS: That being said, this whole gushing about the worthiness of a product and pretending it's really your unsolicited opinion...that's wrong on so many levels.

But let's assume that most of us know about ethical and moral ground, shall we?
Again, I assure you that my comments are my own. I have in the past backed a product as a favor (and because I really did like it), but did so with full acknowledgement to my readers, and without payment. I hope PayPerPost goes down in flames.
Interesting post about this on The Spiritual Knitter.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Thanks for all the info on aprons. My sister is a research librarian, so maybe that would be a good job for you.

Since I'm one of the people who brought up the issue of hidden ads,I thought I'd respond. Linking to amazon is not the same thing. I don't question the bloggers, but I do question the marketers who came up with this idea. I guess I'd better post about this on my own blog.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

These are really great links! Glad you shared them with everybody!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging for profit!? honestly what next. Cool apron links. For some reason your blog fell off my bloglines which is why I haven't been by in a while but it's back on now!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for all the links! I had fun checking them out. Thank you for sharing your research with us!

And a big fat BOO to the PayPerPost thing! :(

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always share such great links...thanks a bunch Barb! :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Chicky said...

Hi1 I just found your blog today searching for apron links! Here's a tutorial you might like - this is a fun and easy apron to make...

http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2007/02/valentine_tree__1.html

Enjoy!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Hi - just wanted to say thanks for sharing the apron links.

I must have been living a very sheltered blog life as I didn't come across 'pay per post' until a few months ago. But this is the first time I've seen somebody talk about it.

I'll have to blog about this on my page. Mind if I link back to you? Lol.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home