Friday, March 16, 2007

Photobooth Friday

I'm sure I have more old photobooth strips somewhere, heaped in boxes under old cards and letters and memorabilia. Until I find these treasures, I thought I'd go investigate locations of photobooths in San Diego.

I had heard there were two photobooths at Belmont Park, so today I went to check it out. Belmont Park is home to an old wooden roller coaster, thankfully saved from demolition and another dreaded hotel project when the community rallied to its support back in the 80's.

Today I had envisioned that on a weekday the area would be calm...that I would be one of few people walking around. As I was driving toward Mission Beach, the fog was rolling in off the ocean, giving the sky a white hue. I imagined I would find an old photobooth, like something out of the Twilight Zone, emanating out of the mist.

That was not to be the case.

While I'm glad the roller coaster was saved, and I love the night skyline with its curves lit up in lights, the daytime offers cheesy fun zone fair stuff--not really my idea of a good time.
The photobooths may have at one time been the good ones, the old school ones...but today I just found a digital version within an arcade.
Sigh.
It was my childhood in the mist, disappearing.
Photobooth

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home