Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Amber's ring-bearer pillow

Amber's Ring-Bearer Pillow
(excuse the crappy Kinko's scan)
You can click on the photo for a larger view.

I've been sewing on this like a mad woman.
I just delivered it, past 10pm at night.
Uh, the wedding is tomorrow.

I posted about this earlier, and I did indeed choose the Amy Butler Mod Pillows pattern.
I reduced the small pillow to 57 percent in order to get a final product at 8 inches.
By the time it was stuffed, however, it was really quite small.
I probably could have gotten away with making the 14 inch one.
Oh well, live and learn.

It just takes me forever to make things.
I always seem to have problems.
Like when I went to stitch on the button (there are buttons on both sides), I used a standard needle.
A long needle, but a standard, versus the doll-making needle the pattern suggests.
Well, my needle got lost in the pillow form, so I had to take the thing apart.
Then I went out and bought a doll-making needle.

Or I got to the house I'm staying at, and realized I'd left my thread at home.
Grrr. Walmart to the rescue (they stay open super late).

Then, the itty-bitty pieces were too small to use my point turner, so I tried a bamboo skewer.
It went right through the fabric.
Sigh, start over...

I was stitching on the button in too dark a room, and didn't realize a piece of the thread hooked over one of the petals.

My seam ripper and I are 'like this'.

Anyway, the bride and groom seem pleased.
I hope so. I really tried anyway.
It didn't turn out all cute and curved, so I did something wrong...
but it will do the job.
Normally I'm not a 'good enough' person, but it really did turn out okay.

Their wedding is black and white with bright pink accents.
These fabrics, if you look closely, are both heart prints.
I tend to like asymmetrical, which is why the pink petals are placed in this arrangement.
Matchy matchy is just oh so boring.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's beautiful. i like it better than the pictures i've seen of the other ones. and if you didn't describe the problems, no one would ever know...

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Oh how lovely this is. You have a beautiful eye for color and texture. Well done!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Ooooh, that's so pretty!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Yes, matchy-matchy is boring! Love the pillow. What a nice gift.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home