Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oscar's sixth sense, etc (*revised)


Have you guys seen news about Oscar, the cat of death?
Fascinating stuff.
Oscar lives in a nursing home, and has a keen sense of who is within four hours of death.
Staff is able to notify family so they may be present, while Oscar offers his curled up body on the bed as comfort.
Read more here.

Other stuff:
I'm addicted to So You Think You Can Dance (go Lacey!).
Last week, Enrique Iglesias sang.
I think Enrique is one of the most gorgeous men on the planet.
But dude!
Did you really have to show up in jeans and a baseball cap?

I was talking to a guy at work about dating, and he said it really turned him off that women always seem to want to know what kind of car he drives.
But you know what? Our aim isn't gold digging.
Uh, note to guys: you car is akin to your shoes.
In other words, it says volumes about you.

For me, if you're driving an '80 Honda Civic, uh, maybe you're frickin' cheap.
If it's a Rolls or a Jaguar, you're probably pretentious.
See where I'm goin' here?
Ditto dirty sneakers or foo-foo Italian loafers.
Just sayin'.
Personally, I'm all about Land Rovers and boots.

Best tip on how to meet men, from Finny:
"Tip: For you women who feel you're not getting the proper amount of attention at the usual shopping holes, go to a fly fishing shop and tell them you want to try on waders. And then prepare yourself for the most ravishing level of attention received outside of a Maserati dealership".

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Vallen said...

An old MG with a ratty paint job and not-pointy cowboy boots. Is there such a guy?

10:05 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I love So You Think You Can Dance. I don't have a favorite just yet. Thank Goodness I discovered it because I was in a post Dancing with the Stars funk.

The Cat! What a heart warming story. Don't you wish everyone could experience that kind of love and devotion at their death?

And, finally, the other really excellent place to meet men is at driving school. I got a ticket and had to spend a whole day in a small room with mostly men-many single. I HAD to or else my insurance would go up. I seriously called some single friends and told them they needed to crash this class!

Besides having the whole day to get acquainted, you do learn how they got their ticket and what they drive.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Oscar's story an interesting one? It makes some sort of sense though. Animals have helped humans with many things throughout history.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

We had Oscar on the tv news here last week. Topsy has taken to jumping up on our bed in the middle of the night and purring loud enough to wake the dead. We're wondering which one of us is going to die first...
I don't know about men and cars, but I'd rather sleep with a guy who rides a Harley than one who rides a Scooter!!

7:52 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

For the record, when I started dating Bubba he drove a stripped down late 80s model Nissan pickup. And while he was apologizing for picking me up in his "crappy truck" I was thinking of how nice it was that he had a truck that had been running for so long and wasn't a pretentious piece of "don't get the floors dirty".

I love the Oscar story and am choosing to believe that he can smell this "chemical" being released by the dying people and is choosing to console them because that is nice.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home