Tuesday, July 24, 2007

No completed projects yet, but lots of ideas...

I'm working on planning several projects simultaneously.
Like sewing this cute halter (by Amy Butler), using the Lollipop fabric I posted about earlier.


And I did decide to use the Mod Pillows pattern for the ring bearer pillow I agreed to make for a co-worker's wedding.
Her choices echo a black, white, and pink theme, so I chose to sew most of the petals with this fabric:


I have some bags planned, using the Veronica bag pattern from Lazy Girl Designs.

It's a small purse pattern, but oh so cute.
I'm going to add Timtex to give them stiffer sides.

And I also joined in the Art Doll Hat Swap.
Heaven forbid I ever complete something before the very last minute.

Needing creative dust sprinkled my way...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

I'm excited to see you are going to try the Veronica Pocketbook!

Timtex is a bit of a beast to work with on such a small bag. I suggest trying a lightweight or mid weight fusible interfacing.

Fuse it to the batting after the cover/batting/lining is trimmed for the angled sides.

Trim the interfacing the same shape, but 1/2" smaller on sides to keep it out of the seam allowances.

Between the combination of any quilting you do, the batting and some interfacing, your Veronica will stand up quite nicely.

Enjoy!
Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs

PS: Honey, my min poodle, sends kisses.

4:32 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

I love that halter. I checked out that website. I really need to learn to sew. How cute is her stuff? I love the skirts too. A new skill to add to my wish list. Maybe this late fall and winter I try my hand at a few sewing projects.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Billie said...

My daughter and I love Amy Butler. She made the cabo halter top and looks so cute! It's on my list of to-do's. I sudddenly have a list of sewing and home improvement projects. Good luck with your projects!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home