Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vintage fun

Chef Towel
I recently purchased this cute embroidered floursack towel on ebay.
I thought the design might be an old Vogart embroidery pattern, but I haven't been able to determine which design number.

My mom says it reminds her of an old French chef cookie jar she had in the 60's or maybe even the 50's.

I'm pretty sure the embroidery design is old, but I'm not sure how old the work is.
All I know is that I think it's adorable!
Kind-of matches the carrots I recently posted.

I have decided to go back to incorporating my thrifting and ebay finds onto this blog,
and am going to stop the Secondhand Swag blog.

Too many blogs, too little time...

And I get the most traffic here.
So there you go.

Yay to being back online!!!!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

That is a very interesting find, Barb. Stitching embellished with fabric painting (or the other way around!) can look a bit tacky, but this is just gorgeous!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Do you use your vintage linens or display them? I try to use everything I find. Life is short...use your stuff!

Pattie

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its adorable :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

That's an amazing find. I love that vintage look. Looks to be in great condition too.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home