Thursday, July 19, 2007

Local Garden Tour

Hydrangeas in multiple colors offer an old-fashioned romance to a garden.
The shabby chic, if you will, of the floral variety.
Hydrangeas
(click on image to enlarge)
Yep, I'm still having to type at the library, so this is just a tease...
I'll go into more detail later.

Last month, as a belated Mother's Day gift, I took my mom on a tour of six local home gardens, organized by the San Diego Floral Association.

Three were in Mission Hills, and three were in Point Loma, including the historic Rosecroft estate (I couldn't find a working website, but some pics are available here).

These gardens were groomed over decades.
They were lush, with little niches for sanctuary with tables and chairs.
There were bronze sculptures, heritage blooms, and running streams.

I was amazed that people live in these beautiful resort-like environments,
some with phenomenal views of the city.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger meresy_g said...

I bet those gardens were great. I love hydrangeas....all kinds, but especially the mopheads like you have pictured. I wish I had a whole hedge of them.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home