Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Snippets of miscellaneous

More often than not, my mailbox is a joyful surprise.
From ebay purchases, to letters, to gifts 'just because'.

My Fairy Blogmother, Mary of A Very Mary Design, has generously given once again,
this time adorable tags applicable to my dog-loving nature.
Tag fun from Mary Ann
It would take me lifetimes to repay her all her multiple kindness, but someday soon I aim to surprise her also...

Other random thoughts and happenings:
I house-sat at a new client's place last week.
It wasn't like the mansions I am becoming accustomed to, but it has a lot of potential.
The poor yard, however, is in need of some serious TLC.
The plants were calling out to me, scratchy voices saying, "heeelllppp meeee....".
Well, I watered a few times (a novelty evidently).
I also swept the side yard, the back yard, and the front yard,
filling up an entire trashcan with bougainvilla leaves.
She came home and I envisioned a big 'wow!' smile.
Uh, she didn't even notice.
Sigh.

I was talking to a 40-something co-worker today.
He said he was in bed last night, and his wife came into the room exclaiming about how the neighbor (gorgeous 6-foot blonde 20-something), normally quiet and reserved,
was dancing on her car.
The dancing included upward gestures of her top, flashing the neighbors.
He said it's really evident he's getting older--
he didn't even get up to check it out.
That made me laugh out loud.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Vallen said...

Trying to repay Mary Ann for generosity is something I hope to someday acheive but i don't know how. She will go down as the best fairy blogmother EVeR in this world or any other

11:54 PM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

For the record, "WOW! This place looks incredible! I can't believe you took such time and care with my house. I am truly touched. Thank you."

Because that is what she should have said, and bless your heart. If anyone ever sneaks into my yard and cleans it up unexpectedly, I will give them an extra big hug and think of your good deed.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Yeah right....he's probably seen it all before. No such thing as a bloke too old for girl-watching in any shape or form!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Welcome! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been child-free for a week and I've been on the run most every day!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home