Friday, August 17, 2007

Subliminal intent

Paul Fredrick Necktie
This lovely Paul Fredrick silk necktie is a recent thriftstore purchase.
I love it.

The design, from afar, seems like an atomic splash.
But upon closer inspection, it is made up of what I assume are divers.
It reminds me of synchronized swimmers--the type like in old Esther Williams movies,
or the views in old musicals where the camera is a bird's eye view...
and the dancers align themselves into intricate shapes.

Then again, maybe it's something more...
Like those books of colorful pages of optical illusions, where you close your eyes and an imprint of design remains in the darkness.
Or perhaps an obscure message?
An unprecedented attempt at communication?
Hel...p

Like this:
(caption, content, and photo all blatantly stolen from Aubrey's blog.
Sorry Mel--I couldn't help myself. It was just too perfect)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Those Esther Williams movies were something else! I thought of you yesterday, the resale shop here had a "bag day" and all you could fit in the bag, so I grabbed all the vintage ties, among a million other things :) You are so crafty with those thing, maybe I will get inspired :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

How cute!! I've occasionally seen animals in pet shops line themselves up in some kind of animal order when they fall asleep. Another reason to tuck my digital camera in my bag every time I leave the house...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home