Friday, October 26, 2007

Photo Friday

I finally unpacked my car, which I had loaded with photographs, and I came across this one.
Childhood photo

The blue wall is around the pool.
At the time, I thought it was brilliant to match the color of the water. I thought it was so pretty. Now, not so much.

On the wooden portion of the fence, there used to be masks all around that my aunt had painted on palm fronds.
My aunt was an amazing artist, and these were items any tiki collector would have loved.
Slowly the sun faded the colors and the masks were tossed aside.
I so wish I had photographs of the masks and the tiki torches.

I don't even remember that top I'm wearing, but ya gotta love the sunglasses atop the head.
I'm not sure how old I was in this photo, but it's a fun look back to growing up in Southern California.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Pretty hip chick! And notice that your then and now photos both show your head tilted in exactaly the same way? :-)

4:59 PM  
Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

I had noticed the 'head tilt' in the Oct. 18 photo!!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home