Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sew Inspiring

While I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of the winners of the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest, I was inspired by
Dog Named Banjo to post my five favorites.

Really, there are so many amazing entries, it's hard to choose. Here are just a few.
(note the computer is acting wonky, so I had to upload the photos to the computer versus linking to the flickr page. Flickr has rules that their images must link back, so click on the hyperlink or highlighted text for that. You can zoom details there)

Useful Daily Bag
from Amatricis.
Dude! That side panel is a bicycle innertube! Stitched perfectly, I might add.
Read more here.

Yummy Mummy bag, by Elissa Elliott. This is just the back. See more pics on the flickr page.


Stephanie Mag Bag, by Bari J. This one is the closest one to mine, as we both collaged.
I can't find the permalink about this particular bag, but everything on her blog is unreal.


Quilted Nigella Bag
, by AggieRay46. Gorgeous use of fabric.


Clutch4, by ErinPata.


And I've already blogged about Camp Follower Bags,
and The Jill Bag.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Elissa said...

Barb,

You're sweet to like the Yummy Mummy! Thanks for your vote! I, of course, love yours.
A friend of mine was browsing through the entries, and yours was the one she stopped on first. She said, "Wow." I said, "It's a collage. Isn't it unbelievable?" She sat there...for a long time...just in awe. The quietness of beauty!

xo,

Elissa

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for loving my bag! :) Yours was pretty amazing, too...I've never been the patient type to deal with patchwork, let alone collages!

11:06 AM  
Blogger meggiecat said...

Barb,
This doesn't sound like you! I did not follow this contest but you have to think about what the criteria is. Often it is about the ease of replicating the project by the average person. High degree of difficulty can count against you. Your bag was an art piece, highly individual which is a plus in my book but editors may have a different point of view. I'm so sorry that you are disappointed.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the bag love. Yours happened to be one of my favs too... great minds... as they say.
Smiles,
Bari

10:20 PM  
Blogger Our Hands For Hope said...

Thank you for sharing these. I linked to most of them! Love the free motion colaged ones.
Terisa

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home