Thursday, April 17, 2008

Even the Mid-Century Dogs Had it Good

Wow, isn't this amazing?
Posted by the lovely Miss Retro Modern, whose photo stream on Flickr has almost a cult following for its vintage goodness.
This is from Popular Mechanics Home Handyman Encyclopedia and Guide, 1961.
Jetson-esque dog house, including linoleum floor.
(click on image to go to her Flickr page)

Sorry for my absence lately--I think four days is the longest I've ever gone without posting.
Just really busy, watching one dog, stopping by another house twice a day to feed two cats, and working my dreaded retail job.
Too, the house I'm staying at just got a new Mac, and I don't know how to upload my pics to it.
Sigh...

More soon!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger KR said...

what lucky little pooch's! :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

My kids would love at house like that.... in the living room!
Woke up this morning to over a foot of snow, when I opened the door, the look on Daisy's face was, what the heck? Elwood, he just plodded on out...

5:16 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Oh how very "Jetsons!"
Didn't you love the Jetsons?
(I mean the original. I did!).

So nice to see you on my blog, Barb!

WITHOUT FAIL we WILL meet when I visit SD in June! We'll go to the beach and hang far away from the boom boxes! :)
(Loved the 100 things about you blog- I just read it. I need to do one too! Hope you don't mind me stealing your idea).

Hope all is well with you.

Take care,
Love,
Suexx

7:05 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

I had such a godo time looking at all of Miss Retro Modern's pictures that I forgot to come back and tell you thanks for linking to her Flickr photos.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home