Monday, February 23, 2009

Genny Spencer's Diary

I never would consider myself a tech geek--it's all sort-of still over my head.
On the other hand, however, I keep four blogs, I have an account on MySpace that I don't use, an account on Facebook that I use a lot, an account on Twitter that I use occasionally, and I pretty much feel lost without a computer.
So, I guess I've entered the techie realm afterall.

When I drive, if I'm not listening to an audiobook, I pretty much always have it on AM radio.
Yes, I have become my parents. Sigh...

So, because my dial rarely wavers from KFI (except at the 9am to 12noon slot when Rush in on...then I turn to 102.1FM and listen to KPRI), I sometimes listen to The Tech Guy, even though it's not really my thing.
Host Leo Laporte seems like a really nice guy--he's always laughing and kind. He mentioned something on his show the other day that I find fascinating.

Usually the entries on Twitter are moments in your day, anywhere from
"ummm, my Mocha is really good this morning" to "off to bed, zzzz".
David Griner has taken it one step further and is posting a daily entry from his great aunt's diary, written during 1937 to 1941.

Leo was saying it sort-of brings you back to earth, because the entries of rural farm life seem innocent and simple.

He giggled when he read the entry from January 28:
"Had a squabble with the boys over skating. Got Mamma a lot of persimmons."

Daily feed of the diary of Genny Spencer here, but be sure to read about the development of this in the earlier link--it's really interesting.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

How funny -- I listen to Leo too even though I usually have no idea what he is talking about. And, I, too, turn off KFI when Rush comes on. Ugh. That's cool that that guy is Twittering his great-aunt's diary. I will have to check that out.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home