Monday, February 16, 2009

Swap charms received

I picked my charms up from the post office today (thankfully, there was a key to a locker in my mailbox on this holiday), from the Romancing the Charm Swap.
Trish has posted about each participant's charm, so read the details on her blog.
This is the swap for which I made the soldered glass charms with butterfly wings.
It's fun that what I received are all so different--some are felted, one is a wrapped bead, others are polymer clay, or bottle caps.

Romancing the Charms Swap Received
I love the little vial of Love Potion #9; its bottle filled with pearls, pink sequins, and glitter.
The quilted heart is just beautiful, and I'm glad to have received something made of fabric for this swap.
The adorable little bird on the top row is made of shrink plastic.
The long burgundy colored charm in the second row is micro-macrame! Who knew?!

Oops, this one didn't get in the photo as I had it out to remind me I still needed to get the email address of the artist so I could thank her.
This heart, of all things, is a cut and painted gourd.

Trish suggested all the participants use their charms for a bracelet, and I really like that idea.
She said she wore hers to work the other day, and got loads of compliments.

I hope to put my own bracelet together soon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Barb...you received a "vile" of Love Potion #9. Was it really that bad? hehe

3:07 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out Mike--I fixed the spelling.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an array of ideas. there are some very creative people out there.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

The charm bracelet is lovely, but even better because so many hands had a part in making it. Saw your butterfly wings charms and you've inspired me yet again.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home