Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Snail Mail

(post 2 of 4)

Yesterday I posted about my making fabric baby blocks for Amy's son Jacob.
Amy asked for my address, and said she'd send me some goodies as a swap.
Cool!
Nothing quite like mail, is there?

I don't know what I was expecting, but it sure wasn't what I received.
Holy cow, this girl knows how to give a gift, let me tell you!
I received, not one, but TWO boxes of goodness.

And not just your average goodness either, Amy the quilter sent me a hand made quilt top (King size!), all in aloha fabrics.
It is fan-f-ing-tastic.
I LOVE it!
Aloha Quilt
cocktails, surfing dogs and cats, kitties in grass skirts, hippos at the beach, crabs...
Aloha Quilt detail 1
pails, kitties and palm trees, a really cool sandcastle, Hawaii...
Aloha Quilt detail
There are also fabrics with flamingos, pin-up ladies posing by surfboards, bikini tops, Hawaiian shirts with Woodies, surfboards, kids frolicking at the beach, ships and anchors, a mermaid, and island postcards.

But that's just the beginning!

She also sent miscellaneous fabrics
Three fat quarters of two florals and a star print, and nearly a yard of kitties with pins

She sent fish-themed fabrics (beaucoup yardage!)
The irony is that I have fish fabrics set aside to make a quilt, so these are perfect additions to that project!

She said she started a quilt, but wasn't happy with it, and hoped I could make use of it. I will!

But that's not all!
A cute little storybook about labradors, and lots of crocheted and stiffened snowflakes for winter decorating, as well as three heart ornaments!
Also, a hanger for my purse, with its own little pouch--something I've been wanting for awhile now (hang it off a table at restaurant, for example, so I won't have to put my purse on the dirty floor)

Some awesome greeting cards with a log cabin design done in paper (hmmm...what a good idea), quilting pins (I can ALWAYS use those!), a killer magnetic needle pad (boy, you have no idea how much I need that--I am forever losing my needles), cotton thread for crocheting more snowflakes, and a cute kit to make a flamingo miniature quilt


She also sent a boatload of neckties, already opened up and "guts" removed, ready for cutting up and sewing into projects.
Here are a few of the ones she sent
Now I need to put a back and batting on the quilt top, and finish her blocks.
Thanks Amy!!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely things Amy sent you. LOL you will be able to sleep in Hawaii. :-)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Cindy Is Crafty said...

Wow, Barb, the quilt top is AWESOME! Lucky you!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Woah...the mother-load of fabrics! What a great gift.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home