Friday, November 12, 2010

A rose by any other name...


I know I introduced you to the kitten as "Trey", but I'm not totally sold on that name yet.
I never could figure out a name for my last cat, so now he's stuck with "That Baby", since that's how I always referred to him.
I'd better figure out what I want as the new kitten's name, or this kitty is going to be stuck with "Little Boy", or "Little Guy".
And that's just not right.

Hmmm...maybe a combination of Li-something. Liam?
That's cute.

Other contenders are inspired by that cute little circle on his chin.
It kind-of reminds me of a halo.

Halo.
That's nice.
I tend to like two-syllable names.
And he most certainly has had an angel watching over him (as well as being an angel himself).

You know what else that circle looks like?
An eclipse.
Well, it does.

And no, that's not a good name, but it sends me on a Twilight tangent, and I wonder if Edward might be a cute name.
Just sayin'.
Yeah yeah yeah....I admit I read all the books in that series.

But Trey is still nice too.
I don't know.
Sadly, on his vet papers they think his name is "Feral".
Sheesh.

I guess I could go "Ferrell" but "Ferry" just doesn't sound right.
Sigh...
Why is this so hard for me?

I watched an old episode (well, from the newer series in the 80's) of the Twilight Zone recently, and all of sudden all the words were different, and everyone was dialed in except this one guy.
Like all of sudden "dinosaur" was the word for "lunch".
He had to learn all over again.
An interesting concept.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

How about "Will?" Kind of a play on "feral." LOL LOL LOL I crack myself up. If you want two syllables there's "William." When he's good he could be "Sweet William." "Willycat?" "Willyboy?"

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think about how you got him out of his hiding place or the place at which he was found. Street? Fence manufacturer? That kind of thing. Although the circle on his chin is cute. Maybe something along that line of a marking.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home