Tuesday, January 04, 2011

gimme

Joy comes to different people in different ways.
Sometimes it's interactions with those we love,
or it's learning something new, or seeing a new place.
Sometimes it's a quiet afternoon alone, a favorite scent, a cool breeze, a perfect recipe.
Sometimes it's a child's laugh, a dog's smile, a streak of sunlight.

But I ain't gonna lie, as the saying goes...
sometimes, despite the superficiality, material things give me joy.
Sometimes you want to wrap up a bright shiny package and hand it to yourself, you know?
My friend debs calls those things she wants to buy her "gimme list".
I love that description.
It's a good gimme, not a bratty one ;)

Right now, this bright red thermos is something I love.
I just ordered it from the Sundance Catalog.

Also from Sundance Catalog, this Gathered Truths intrigues me.
It's a box of quotations..."words to hearten and enlighten".


On my "gimme" list, these sparrow clips (from Crate and Barrel).


I don't even have a Wii yet, but I think I might buy one just so I can have fun with Just Dance.

And...I cannot stop obsessing about Finny's new bike.
I am hardcore coveting that thing of beauty.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger katie jean said...

such a great list! I have (my kids have) a Wii and I think that dance one would be so fun and crazy to do with them! Plus that bike is awesome :)

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my gimme list...sand in the backyard and a few seals lying in the sun to watch.

10:54 AM  
Blogger AG said...

Gorgeous thermos. I want one. Did yours arrive and was it so beautiful?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home