Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Unique Quilts

I posted recently about the book, "The Quilt that Walked to Golden", by Sandra Dallas, but I didn't post any photos. I couldn't resist these two pics. Like this quilt made from clothing labels!
Quilt made of labels
The caption (page 115) says, "Libbie Gottschalk spent thirty years covering a quilt with hundreds of clothing labels." How amazing is that?! And it looks great too!
Then there's a necktie quilt!
Necktie Quilt
page 109 "An Indian woman in Montana works on a quilt top made from men's ties"

4 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

love the label quilt... I remember when coca-cola clothes were all the rage! (1989-ish...)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now, Barb, Miss Eagle expects to hear that you have started a tie quilt just like this. And, just think, you would have a new excuse for more tie shopping and collecting.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

thanks for sharing the quilt label image! KalamaQuilts

11:29 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

I have the quilting book you mentioned in your post and I love it...I am in the process of collecting vintage ties and plan on making my first log cabin quilt. Your blocks are very inspiring and your blog is wonderful!

Melody

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home