Friday, November 10, 2006

Photobooth Friday

Unknown man, 1930's
Unknown man, 1930's
There is a background to this photo, but the size is that of a booth one...so perhaps it is one of those false backdrops. I'm not sure.
I found this in an old album that my dad had in high school. It is a wooden album with a painted ship on its cover. The pages are coarse paper, oversized, with miscellaneous images adhered to the pages with little black adhesive corners. Some of the pages are embossed with my dad's strange handwriting--a wild cursive that slanted drastically to the right...a left-handed boy learning to write in a right-handed world. His hand would curl over and into the pen, as if the hand belonged to the other side of his body.

There are no words beneath this photograh. No identification, just a face lost to time. The winking eye brings to mind James Dean, or a sailor. I assume he was a friend from school. My mom does not recognize him.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see him working on the skyscrapers that were suddenly sprouting everywhere during the 1930's. Straddling girders and stuff. He could also have been an extra on 'Carnivale'. Kind of reminds me of Jonesy.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! He is very handsome!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

love it

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home