Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Re-discovering Macrame


I'm experiencing a re-interest in macrame. It has been ages since I tried this, but I bought some hemp twine, and I thought I'd start with a dog collar. This book is a Conde Nast publication, 1972. Yes there are the dreaded over-the-top knot combinations (like the funky cave girl necklace on the cover), and the dreaded obligatory lampshades and wall hangings, but there are also a few treasures in this book. It gives a detailed how-to with diagrams of each knot, and it's loaded with ideas.  Posted by Picasa


Fun deck chair! Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Goodness me, Barb - I just threw out about six booklets on macrame, that I had inherited in an old lady's stash. I can't do it, and I didn't know anyone else that was either, so everything went to the Op shop!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home