Monday, September 26, 2005

My Childhood Purse Project (at least I was sewing)


Ha! I was going through my stash, looking for vintage stuff that I might be able to post to the Vintage Fabric group on Flickr. I came across this unfinished bag. I'm pretty sure I started this in 6th grade, and I hand-stitched it. I may have continued to work on it in Junior High, I can't remember. I obviously didn't know how to match seams then ;).
Oh well.
Dig the "Barbie" fabric in the center. All these fabrics hold significance for me, because they are all items my mom or I sewed into clothing. That dreaded blue flowered polyester I made an Easter dress with. The stripes and polka dots were pants. I was ahead of my time with the recycling jeans idea. I got stumped on how ot sew the sides together, so it was never completed. Posted by Picasa


Here's the back side. Two knits--a flower power and Clean Air! So 70's! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Balwearie said...

Love the patch with the little grey kitty!!! Love vintage fabric. I've got a clown I made in the 70's which has a hat made out of the most wonderful acetate knit -- navy blue with a "Love" logo on it. I'd love to recreate that on the computer.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home